This is for dog owners who want a pet ID tag that is ultra robust and, to all intents and purposes, indestructible. Designed not to come off the collar accidentally. Guaranteed for 10 years*.
key features of the "ultra" tag
- Tag features a screw-gate "quick link" (unique amongst pet tags) which means it cannot be stretched open like a split ring. It is a very strong link that can only be opened with a tool once it has been sealed with threadlock.
- Bars on side of aluminium frame which protect tag from impacts as pet moves through undergrowth.
- Unbendable in normal use.
- Stiff aluminium bar to which the tough stainless steel tag is bolted twice and fixed. Bolts are peened so the nuts cannot detach.
- Embossed lettering on tag means it will always be readable.
- 37g weight is not a burden. This is less than the weight of 3 x £2 coins.
- Approx 8mm of 3.2mm thick metal metal between the tag hole and the tag edge. This means it will last for many years, even when attached to very active dogs. This is a lot of metal to wear through.
- A 3.5mm thick, zinc-plated steel (screw-barrel closing) "quick link" for connecting the tag to the pet collar. This will not wear through and it cannot be opened once it has been sealed with thread lock fluid (included), except by using a spanner or wrench. This means the tag will stay on the pet as long as the collar remains in sound condition. Most tags employ cheaper split rings which will wear though on energetic animals over time causing loss of tag.
- 5 lines of text can be accommodated on the tag, with 14 characters per line, including spaces. Room for the ID essentials (contact phone number, postcode & house number) and more.
- Guaranteed for 10 years subject to T&Cs*.